Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Dirty New Clothes


So this morning, I read one of the most disturbing articles! And of course it's only fair that I pass it on to my readers :)


Tell me something...when you purchase a new piece of clothing, do you clean it before you wear it? And I’m not talking about undergarments (I wash those)- I’m talking about your shirts, pants, whatever. Do you clean the clothes you just buy before you wear them? How about when you try them on in a dressing room… do you try them on on top of clothes, or on your bare skin?

According to an article I read on abcnews.com (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/gma-found-clothes-clean/story?id=9482373) New DOES NOT mean clean. Employees from Good Morning America purchased some clothing from various low to high-end retail stores. They gave the items to a Microbiologist at NYU to test them for germs….

The results were sickening!! The most shocking to me were the bacteria found on women’s blouses…. Fecal matter…vaginal organisms…YEAST!!! What the hell!! Are women wiping their crotches with the clothes they take into the dressing room?  Just think back to all the clothes you've tried on in your lifetime… of the shirts and pants you've worn straight off the rack…. Doesn't it make you sick!!

I can’t believe I never thought of this before. I want to smack myself. I’ll never walk into a dressing room the same way again.
Buyer Beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment