Sunday, January 3, 2010

Party


One of my favorite parts of owning a house is being able host parties and have family and friends over. There's just something about inviting people into my home that gets me all warm and fuzzy inside. Having people around the dining room table is reminiscent of my younger years... I always remember my mom cooking something up in the kitchen, and coming home to that "fresh out of the oven" smell. Cold winter nights, the windows would be all fogged up- and you knew Mom had something special cooking. I miss my mom so much, especially during this time of the year. I wish she was around to share in the special memories that are just beginning to form for my husband and I.

Dec 30th was my husbands 35th birthday. So to celebrate, we had his family over tonight for a little dinner party. The picture is a shot him blowing out his birthday candles with his nieces.

It was a good night- and was the perfect way to end the Holiday Season!

No comments:

Post a Comment